Thank you all for participating in our Scavenger Hunt event!
We received close to 100 responses to our questions! The winner, chosen at random from the correct responses, is Courtnie Lange, of Barre! Congratulations! We will reach out to you and send you your prize - a 50 dollar gas card!
Here are the answers to the Scavenger Hunt questions!
What year was Vermont 211 launched?
- 2005. You can read more about our history here:
What are the other ways you can contact 211- besides calling?
- Text your zip code to 898211 or email (email@example.com) or use our online form
Name two seasonal resources people can be referred to:
- Fuel Assistance, Flu Season, Free Tax Preparation, Farm to Family Coupons, Holiday Resources (or Thanksgiving and Holiday)
- You can read more about them in detail here: https://vermont211.org/seasonal-resources-vermont-211
Name one of the Top Ten Referred Services in 2021:
- Housing/Shelter; Information Services; Tax Organizations and Services; and Public Assistance Programs rank high on the list of community needs.
- Located here: https://vermont211.org/barometer-of-community-needs
Name two contributions information and referral recovery services can make during a disaster:
- There are many ways Vermont 211 helps out, such as managing and tracking available resources, rumor/information control, identifying gaps in services, tracking offers of volunteers and donations, recording/tracking damage, to name a few.
- You can read the complete description about our role in disasters here: https://vermont211.org/our-role-in-disasters
Please keep in contact with us as we always like to know what you think of the new website and how we can make it even better. If you find a broken link, please also email so we can take care of it. firstname.lastname@example.org.