Look into VT Department of Health's Services for Substance Use
Vermont Department of Health - Substance Use Programs
Last month, we continued look into the programs and resources of the Vermont Department of Health (VDH), with a list of Children and Family Programs that Vermont 211 has in its database. For this May newsletter, we explore substance use disorder programs. VDH has a wide range of services and information about this broad category of public health. From cannabis to syringe disposal, the Vermont Department of Health offers helpful information and tools to help prevent drug and alcohol use and point to recovery services.
Vermont 211 includes several of these important programs in its database, listed with the keywords below to search our Community Resource Directory online (https://navigateresources.net/211vermont/)
- Alcohol and Drug Professionals Workforce Development Resources
- Impaired Driver Rehabilitation
- Let’s Talk Cannabis – education and prevention for youth.
- Narcan/Naloxone Overdose Rescue
- RX Aware: Prescription Opioid Awareness
- Safe Drug Disposal Information
- Syringe Services Program - Needle exchange sites whose programs help prevent the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other blood borne infectious diseases by providing new, sterile syringes
- VT Helplink: Alcohol and Drug Support Center