Vermont Department of Health - Children and Family Programs
Last month, we took a look into the programs and resources of the Vermont Department of Health (VDH), starting with those that focus on Health and the Environment. For this April newsletter, we explore some programs that are for children and families. VDH has a wide range of services and information about this broad category of public health. From prenatal care to safe sleep care, the Vermont Department of Health offers helpful information and tools to guide parents and caregivers dealing with preventive care and health concerns.
Vermont 211 includes several of these important programs in its database, listed with the keywords below to search our Community Resource Directory online (https://navigateresources.net/211vermont/)
- WIC (USDA Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children) WIC provides food benefits, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, chestfeeding support, counseling and programs for pregnant Vermonters, parents and caregivers with children under 5.
- Breastfeeding Education and Support Services
- Infant Formula Information
- Safe Sleep
- Immunization Information for Parents and Caregivers
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Services
- Children With Special Health Needs
- Oral Health Education Services
- Pediatric Palliative Care Program